Is herpes actually a sexual death sentence?

Despite the fact that herpes isn't a life - threatening condition, the stigma attached to it has made the lives of a lot of people across the globe miserable. Genital herpes or herpes simplex type-2 affects 1 in 5 Americans aged 14 to 49. The infection is spread by oral, vaginal as well as anal sex, which means there is no foolproof way to safeguard yourself. While condoms do lower the risk, the infection can spread through direct skin to skin contact.


It is also worth mentioning that 90 percent of people Living With Herpes transmit herpes unknowingly as they never have an outbreak. The remaining 10 percent, who do experience the symptoms of herpes in the form of sores, find it to be visible and treatable. Couples can protect themselves against the virus by informing current and future partners about their condition and what can be done to prevent the spread of the Herpes Simplex Virus.


herpes dating tips


According to experts, use of condoms, dental dams and abstinence from having any sexual contact in the event of an outbreak are a few ways that can ward off your chances of contracting the infection. Innumerable studies have also shown that antiviral drugs have been effective in the treatment of herpes symptoms , which not only reduce the severity but also the frequency of outbreaks.


Herpes can also be transmitted from mother to baby. However, you may prevent this from happening by taking necessary medication. Therefore, it can be said that not much happens to your body if you have herpes. Nonetheless, it does cause a great deal of emotional stress, which in a few cases leads to depression. It has been observed that people living with Herpes or STDs in general tend to have low sexual self–esteem.


You might wonder who would want to sleep with someone who has herpes? However,when you consider the fact that there are millions out there living with herpes, it gives a sense of hope. Furthermore, when you have scores of specialist herpes dating sites at your service, finding a life companion and seeking support isn't difficult. In addition to finding the right people, you'd also be able to communicate with like minded people thanks to the builtin emailing and chatting features.


" It is ironic that herpes has a stigma despite the fact that nobody dies of it. Moreover, only 10 percent of those infected show any symptoms ", said Kelly Baldwin, a renowned STD dating expert. Getting tested for sexually transmitted infection is important if you have a sexually active life."There is nothing to be ashamed of. Herpes is a common virus and there are millions of people living with it in the United States alone", Kelly said.


herpes dating tips
Next Article >>>
Go Back